Saturday, October 19, 2019

SPEED WITHOUT DIRECTION IS USELESS

SPEED WITHOUT DIRECTION IS USELESS
Hi chum, we are into the last quarter year 2019. My counsel to you will be to determine your direction before the year  will end . You should know that speed without direction is a just a scalar quantity, more or less a waste of energy. Someone once said, speed is useless if you are on the wrong direction.

When your speed has a well defined direction in physics it is called velocity. I would rather you chose velocity this year - couple your speed with a sense of direction. You can get direction for yourself by creating one or walking in the one you have in the previous year. Wisdom is the principal thing here; it is profitable to direct. For you to get a good sense of direction you need your map – that is your plan for the year. Let your plan be realistic, set goals for your plans, let them be short term goals. Let your plans have duration for accomplishing them and work towards that. I tell you having a sense of direction give you the opportunity to track or trace your performances.

Don’t just soar or sail into the year like a pilot or sailor that has lost his geographical sense of direction. When you have direction, you will be able to overcome distraction caused by environmental noise. Move beyond just changing bad habit every year; move towards achieving success with your time. The reason you go into bad habit is because you lack direction. For instance, my direction for this year is to enter into the business world. Some of the plan I have is to get loan for my business; attend as many business conferences or seminars; cut on my expenses to save more money for my business; read business books; be strict about sales on credit and more courteous to customers; register my coy; set up my websites, pay up debts, invest more and lot more. These are realistic goals for the year. So if you are talking to me about anything outside business, you are already a distraction to me, I will need to avoid you; we are not in the same direction. I can’t be planning business and you are inviting me to a friend’s party, no it won’t work that way; that means you are already going to cut into one of  my plans to save and this might jeopardize my other plans. In a nutshell, sense of direction couple with accurate speed brings you to a final destination of success in the year this last quarter and as you prepare for 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment